GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The principal function of the support person is to facilitate the timely and efficient flow of information, material, and documents to the required users for the continued movement of cargo through the port.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
The position is responsible for assisting terminal operations staff.. These activities include, organizing inbound and outbound truck movement, processing sales orders, and verifying accuracy of inbound cargo.
- Oversee shipping and receiving activities.
- Process and update customer orders as needed or directed by sales
- Answer phones and direct calls to proper personnel
- Trace inbound shipments availabilities
- First point of contact to resolve issues with truck drivers, customers, and sales
- Maintain Excel files and spreadsheets
- Run daily inventory reports.Maintain adequate office supplies for the office
- JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- Excellent communication skills required
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Effective time-management and organizational skills are required to be able to manage multiple tasks
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent office skills
- Good telephone skills
- ROLE COMPETENCIES
Ability to develop skills to perform basic, repetitive and manual activities in the job
Ability to understand own tasks and how they relate to others in the team
Ability to use exiting procedures to perform straightforward tasks; Is required to solve or resolve situations multiple times during the day.
Required ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise.
Impacts quality of own work and its contribution to the team
Interpersonal Skills/ Influence
Requires excellent communication skills and common courtesy
- INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
- Internal: Managers, Office personnel, Expeditors, Sales office, Quality Control staff,
- External: Government agency representatives, customer representatives, service providers, vendors, truck drivers, forklift operators. Communicate with ground buyers and truck dispatchers on truck and order status as needed.
- EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High School diploma or GED required
- EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- EQUIPMENT NEEDED
- Two-way radio
- WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- Ability to work some overtime including Saturdays.
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS