Equipment Shop Supervisor
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Supervise the M&R activities related to daily gate inspections and reporting good order equipment, damaged equipment and equipment needing repairs or programmed services, equipment repaired on/off terminal and refrigeration repairs performed on terminal and off terminal, evaluating all equipment and determine where repairs or programmed services will be performed and how they will be billed, in order to schedule, approve all repairs and verifies proper repair procedures have been followed.
THIS IS 6 MONTH CONTRACT JOB THAT CAN BE EXTENDED
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Inspect damaged equipment, coordinate and determine repairs and maintenance, by establishing deadlines, determining schedules, evaluating bids from vendors and approving estimates, in order to assure the effectiveness and efficient repair and monitor quality, cost and turn time of the equipment.
- Evaluate the equipment repaired and ensure M&R work is completed correctly and in a timely manner, performing inspections on recently maintained/repaired equipment, in order to assure the quality of the maintenance and the operating condition of the equipment.
- Schedule repairs and programmed services and delegate M&R activities to the team, monitoring the maintenance and repair of units, in order to assure and monitor deadlines all in terminal repairs and verify deadlines equipment report daily.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulatory agencies, manufacturer recommendations, company and agencies policies on all equipment maintained and repaired. Maintain all files for the regulatory bodies.
- Control and monitor inventory to ensure the availability of proper inventories of tools, supplies and parts.
- Ensure that ROA’s and all pertinent documentation on repairs and service done off terminal are completed in a timely manner and forwarded for input in the HP EMMS system.
- Review and approve all invoices, work with M&R Coordinator to maintain records and accounts payable and receivable systems.
- Participate in special projects as required, in order to recommend/improve M&R initiatives.
- Provide pricing of refrigeration parts and to equipment control department for 3rd party trucker invoicing.
- Work with M&R Manager to do reefer history downloads and reporting to Terminal Manager, Operations Superintendent, and Quality Control to advise any equipment issues that may have contributed to QC problem with cargo.
- Additional duties as required.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- Availability to travel to manufacturer facilities, repair vendors, and overnight meetings
- Technical knowledge in the field of transport equipment, with emphasis on chassis repairs, diesel engines, power generators, refrigeration, and container construction.
- Knowledge of Port Operations, cost and productivity management required.
- Strong knowledge of port equipment. Mechanical and electrical repair background required.
- Computer experience: Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Availability to work overtime, weekends and holidays, rotating shifts preferred/required.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required. Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
SKILLS: M&R Supervisor. Experience in equipment, port operations, maintenance and refrigerated transportation and/or automotive industry preferred. Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and maintenance associated to port equipment., Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail systems. Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Travel domestic and International
- NO REMOTE WORK
- Ability to kneel, bend, crouch, squat and stoop to inspect equipment including the undercarriage.
- Ability to walk and stand around/through tightly stowed equipment.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Ability to withstand a high stress environment.
- Ability to climb, reach, or repetitive motions.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions (extreme heat, cold and other conditions).