Must be able to work an afternoon shift
We are looking to hire an experienced Maintenance Mechanic who will be responsible for the preventative maintenance program for production equipment, conveyors, Robotic and automated machinery, and industrial dryer in a manufacturing plant using motors, pumps, conveyors, belts fans, air conditioners, etc. This position inspects mechanical equipment to troubleshoot problems or concerns ,disassembles machines and repairs or replaces worn or broken parts. It also adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary. Compiles schedules of machinery and process equipment. Cleans and lubricates parts. Inspects completed repairs. Must be task trained on all equipment or machinery used in daily work duties and be competent to prepare analytical and diagnostic reports on machinery.
The Maintenance Mechanic position has the following key responsibilities:
Provide equipment related expertise and technical ability on preventative and predictive maintenance to inspect, diagnose, repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Prepare, plan prioritize, and execute daily, weekly and monthly maintenance schedules with the assistance of management
- Works from engineering drawings, rough sketches, manuals or verbal instructions
- Devises and utilizes non-standard procedures
- Constructs components and parts to extremely close tolerances which have unusual or non-standard shapes
- Rigid adherence to safety policies and health regulations a necessity
- Communicates with management regarding any situation that may affect the safety of any employee or other issues that affect production or the quality of our product
- Completes written documentation about repairs and maintenance
- Inspects and performs daily routine housekeeping as necessary to ensure a clean and safe work area
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Requires 5+ years of experience with mechanical process equipment in a production environment
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting process equipment such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, etc.
- Basic Arc Welding experience preferred
- Experience in using hand tools, power tools, hydraulic lifts, pneumatic tools, welding equipment and oxygen acetylene torches required
- Electrical experience relating to power and control systems preferred
- PLC experience preferred
- Team Leadership experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Must have analytical and conceptual thinking skills, as well as organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work well with a team required
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, catwalks, and scaffolding, working at heights and working in hot and cold temperatures
- Regular, predictable, and consistent attendance and some overtime required
- Ability to demonstrate safe work practices
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.