Maintenance Shop Supervisor
POSITION OVERVIEW (General Objective)
Responsible of the daily activities related to equipment repaired off terminal and refrigeration
repairs performed on terminal and off terminal. Review and approve off terminal repairs and
verify that proper repair procedures have been followed. Ensure compliance with
manufacturer recommendations, policies, and government regulatory
agencies on all equipment repaired off terminal and refrigeration equipment repairs both on
and off terminal.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor off terminal shops for quality, cost, and turnaround time, inspecting equipment
repaired off terminal for completeness and that work confirms with repair estimates.
- Review refrigerated loads off each vessel and delegate the repair on malfunctioning units.
- Meet each vessel to discuss reefer problems and give support and information on the
Reviewed and approved by:
Prepared on: Revision
- Monitor ships parts inventories to insure proper parts levels. Also, work M&R Manager with stocking and pricing of refrigeration parts.
- Follow through on all banana quality complaints until completion as outlined in the Dole BCQ procedure; maintain records of all BCQs.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulatory agencies related to refrigerants.
- Ensure that ROAs and all pertinent documentation on repairs and service done off terminal are completed in a timely manner and forwarded for input in the HP EMMS System.
- Verifies deadline equipment report for off terminal shops on a daily basis.
- Participate in special projects as required, in order to recommend/improve M&R initiatives.