Mechanical Technician-Night Shift
Position: Reports to: Work Status: Job Summary
Production Technician Shift Supervisor
Full Time, shift work
Under the direct ion of the Supervisor and Production Manager, the incumbent ensures all production equipment runs efficiently and safely in order to produce a quality product that meets the standards and specifications of the customer and the company. Performs all major changeovers and housekeeping duties as necessary with primary emphasis on safety. Assists in training, record keeping, and supervisor duties as needed. Performs JobDescription
routine Preventative Maintenance on machines and performs minor repairs. Performs all duties
according to ISO specifications and standards.
Primary Job Functions
The production technician is accountable for ensuring the machines are running at maximum efficiency with no mechanical down time or mechanical rejects to produce a product that meets company and customer specifications.
- Troubleshoots and repairs or adjusts all production equipment and related machinery, including minor electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic repairs to preventbreakdown.
- Performs repairs and adjustments to prevent problems from developing onmachines.
- Makes adjustments to machine asnecessary.
- Maintains material feedsystems.
- Performs process changes forquality.
- Checksqualityofproduct and machinesettingsasrequiredperworkinstructions.
- Assists wit h mold changes.
- Complete production paperwork as per workinstructions.
10 . Perform preventative maintenance on equipment as needed/assigned.
- Performs as operator or supervisor as needed orrequested.
- Communicates any problems effectively and quickly with Shift Supervisor and Department Manager.
- Sweeps and cleans production work area.
- Works safely and observes and enforces safety rules at all times.
- Follows and carries out all company policies, procedures, andregulations.
- Performs all other duties asassigned.
- Will work 10pm to 6am after completing training on day shift
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Must become proficient on all product ionlines.
* Musthavemechanical,technical,andelectricalaptitudetosatisfy job requirementsand theabilitytoanalyzeandresolverelatedproblems.
* Must have understanding of the relationship of pigment, virgin resin andregrind.
* Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
* Must have a good attendance, safety record, and safety attitude.
* Must have proficiency in reading and math skills to satisfy requirements of theposition.
* Mustbeabletostoop,squat,andbend,aswellaspush,pull,andliftobjectsand/or equipment of various weight, size, anddesign.
* Must have good eyesight andhearing.
* Must have agility of hands, wrist s, andarms.
* Must be able to walk through department numerous times a day and step up and down from platforms and catwalks.
* Must be able to climb ladders and platforms.
* Must have the agility to work in tightareas.
* Must be able to lift SO pounds. Lifting can be from the floor up and/or above the head.
* Must have legiblehandwriting.
* Must have good hand and eyecoordination.
* Minimum 3 years of mechanical experience in a manufacturingatmosphere.
* Must have minimum 3 years production mechanical experience.
* Must have High School Diploma ,GED