Order Management Associate
The primary functions of this role include generating quotes per customer requests, preparing job submittals, handling customer service needs, entering orders, and communicating with customers as to their project status. The ideal candidate will have an out-going personality, enjoy speaking with customers by phone, have technical understanding, and be highly self-motivated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Being proactive and reactive to new and existing customers
- Generating quotes and order submittals per customer, sales rep, or sales manager requests
- Product understanding with knowledge of application associated with product performance, design and or crossing to match existing lighting applications.
- Order Entry, Order Scheduling, and Order tracking with proactive status daily back to customers, distributors, Sales Agents, and Regional Business Development Managers.
- Consistent communications with the Business Development Managers, Outside Sales Reps, management, and customer requests on in house status, outgoing tracking or incoming orders for payment, shipment, delays, and other pertinent information regarding sales orders.
- Enter orders and ensure process of schedule, invoice and signed acknowledgement is followed so orders can be released to production in a timely manner.
- Handling customer service issues, field issues and issuing RMA/RGA when required.
- Coordinate with other departments such as Production Control, Engineering, Production and Accounting.
- Maintain in house shared information folders for ease of access for Executive Management, Business Development Managers, Accounting and Production
Skills and Specifications
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient level computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Sage (or other ERP system), Quotewerks ( or other quotations databases) is an advantage
- Prominent organization and presentation skills.
- Excellent self-motivation and time management skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Inside Sales/Sales Role
- Lighting and Electrical experience a plus