The Production Supervisor is tasked with the role of supervising and leading his staff to meet production and safety goals for the shift and plant, through a skill set of continuous training, mentoring, coaching, directing, and making his/her direct reports accountable for their actions and accomplishments. This is a second shift / afternoon shift position.
Work must always be performed within specific plant and general company policies, and governed by company and OSHA safety regulations.
The Production Supervisor position has the following key responsibilities:
- Sets a standard for himself and all others by following all safety policies and wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). Ensures employees are held to a high expectation of safety.
- Manages the performance of subordinates by setting expectations and goals.
- Ensures that employees are provided both positive and constructive feedback in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, laws and regulations, and best practices.
- Ensures a well-rounded team through cross training; develops subordinates by offering challenging assignments and discussing opportunities for growth.
- Coordinate and prioritize day to day activities for the production lines.
- Manages attendance to ensure adequate labor is available to meet production targets.
- Reviews work orders to identify potential issues to avoid delays in production.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization for the Production floor & plant.
- Manages the operation of drying and screening process, which includes equipment to ensure efficiency is maintained.
- Supervises the blending area to monitor bulk inventory, product quality, housekeeping, and efficiency.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- One year of experience as a Supervisor of a workforce.
- Must have hands-on experience working with a variety of powered conveying equipment, and electric motors.
- Must have previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others in a positive manner.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Ability to conduct effective employee training and development.
- Ability to measure performance to goals and standards.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality management systems and continuous improvement orientation.
- Attention to detail with good organizational skills.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Inventory management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong technical ability: Ability to understand and lead technical processes to achieve results.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player.
- Above average conflict resolution skills.
- Good written communication and verbal skills.
- Good knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK and ability to create spreadsheets.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- The ability to work in 80-90°F temperatures during the summer.
- Requires frequent standing, walking, and occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds.
- Moderate deviations of the wrists.
- Frequent use of both hands.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.